ACM Transactions on Human-Robot Interaction -
Call for Papers:
Special Issue on Artificial Intelligence for Human-Robot Interaction (AI-HRI)
The application of Artificial Intelligence to Human-Robot Interaction domains has proven to be a powerfully effective mechanism for achieving robust, interactive, and autonomous systems with applications ranging from personalized tutors to smart manufacturing collaborators to healthcare assistants and nearly everything in between. Developing such systems often involves innovations and integrations between many diverse technical areas, including but not limited to task and motion planning, learning from demonstration, dialogue synthesis, activity recognition and prediction, human behavior modeling, and shared control. For this special issue we are soliciting high quality, original articles that present the design and/or evaluation of novel computational techniques and systems at the intersection of artificial intelligence and human-robot interaction. We aim to bring together a wide variety of articles to showcase the state-of-the-art in AI-HRI within a single issue of the world's leading journal of Human-Robot Interaction research.
Topics include (but are not limited to)
- Safe and social navigation
- Human behavior modeling and recognition
- Planning and decision-making under uncertainty
- Learning from human teachers
- Intelligent systems for training humans
- Preference learning
- Intelligent manufacturing
- Human-robot dialogue systems
- Human-robot collaboration
- Intelligent Mixed-reality interfaces for HRI
- July 15
June 15, 2022: Extended Deadline for submissions of full length papers
- Sep 15, 2022: Notification of first decision
- Nov 15, 2022 - Feb 15, 2023: Deadline for revisions
- Apr 15, 2023: Notification of second decision
- June 15, 2023: Deadline for revisions
- July 15, 2023: Notification of final decision
- Aug 1, 2023: Submission of final camera-ready manuscript
Submission ProcessACM Transactions on Human-Robot Interaction is a peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary, open-access journal using an online submission and manuscript tracking system. Writing guidelines can be found at: https://dl.acm.org/journal/thri/author-guidelines. To submit your paper, please:
- Go to https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/thri and login or follow the "Create an account" link to register.
- After logging in, click the "Author" tab.
- Follow the instructions to "Start New Submission"
- Choose the submission category "SI on Artificial Intelligence for Human-Robot Interaction (AI-HRI)"
University of Leeds
Colorado School of Mines
University of Wisconsin-Madison
National Institute of Standards and Technology